Why You Should Pencil The Frontliners In Your Schedule
I know you’re super busy! And, even if you’re not, you don’t want to be bothered by anyone, especially me. After all, it’s summer when you’re supposed to be able to max and relax without being disturbed or crowded. Therefore, I’ll get to the point of this post.
In the Fall of 2017 (September), you should give the Men’s Ministry of EBC, the Frontliners, a try. When you do so, you’ll discover that your participation will not interrupt your life or cramp your style. Quite the contrary, the Frontliners will fit in nicely with who you are and will help you become the best version of yourself, with the help of the Spirit of Christ and his community. Through participating in the Frontliners, who only meet twice a month (2nd & 4th Thursdays of the month) for 90 minutes (7pm-8:30pm) each time, you will gain:
1. A better understanding of God’s word and how it’s relevant to better performing your role as son, brother, father, husband, corporate baller, and contributor to the larger community.
2. A better grasp of how to blend being a strong Black brother, who is feared, blamed, and underestimated by the public with being a son of God who is favored, guided, and strengthened by the Spirit of Christ.
3. A greater sense of fulfillment in serving people, especially our seniors and our youth, in “your divine sweet spot”, which will enable you to be changed for the better as you are making a difference in the lives of others.
4. A safe, supportive environment where you can unburden yourself and be prayed for by brothers who understand what a struggle is to live a good and godly life on a daily basis.
5. Greater skill at sharing with others your “God-Story” in a way which is practical, comfortable, and portable.
I could cite other ways in which you will be blessed by checking out the Frontliners, but I sense you don’t have the time and neither do I. To find out more, therefore, talk with Kevin Harewood (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Ola Alabi (Ola02@aol.com), the co-Servant-Leaders of the Frontliners, who can answer your questions thoroughly, quickly, and openly.
Meanwhile, may you experience the Spirit of Christ empowering, guiding, and encouraging you to continue growing into the man you were meant to be, the man that Christ died that you might yet become. Peace!–Rev. Trufant (RT)